Monday, September 29, 2008

Nivens Apple Farm




On a very brisk and chilly September morning, the Kindergarten classes from Oakland Elementary took their first field trip of the school year to Nivens Apple Farm. All of the children were so excited and were even more excited as the day progressed. They were able to ride on a hayride, see a 'Scarecrow Reunion' and pumpkin patches. Then, we were able to stop in the middle of the orchard and pick our own apples. Many of the children decided to eat the 'products of their labor' right then! Before the day ended, we walked through a corn maze, tasted apple cider (which was wonderful!) and saw some baby chicks! Of course there was play time because we all know how much energy our five year olds have! Thanks to Nivens Apple Farm for a great day! (And to the sweet lady who allowed me to use her jacket! Brrr! It was cold!)

If your child was a part of this field trip, and you would like to view the slideshow of their big day, please contact me at maloftis03@hotmail.com!

No comments:

I am so happy you have found your way to my blog. This is the best way to see my latest work, daily happenings, etc. I truly love photography and I am so excited to be able to do what I love as my job. Feel free to look around, read a while and contact me with any questions. Make yourself at home....